Part I Dialogue completion (15 points)
Directions: there are 15 short incomplete dialogues in this part, each followed by four choices marked A, B, C and D, choose the one that best completes the dialogue and mark your answer on the ANSEWR SHEET.
1. Debra: Oh! What a beautiful cat! What do you think?
Donald: _____ Dogs are more loyal than cats
A. I think I’d rather get a dog.
B. Yeah, it is beautiful!
C. I have no idea.
D. You have to clean after it.
2. Jane: My watch always gains ten minutes a day.
Mary: _____ My watch always loses ten minutes a day.
Jane: No kidding. It seems that both of us should throw it away and buy a new one.
A. That’s ridiculous.
B. That’s funny
C. That’s cool
D. That’s great
3. Jennifer: It’s freezing outside! _____ I thought this cold front was supposed to pass.
Gabricla: Yeah, I thought so too. That’s what I read online this morning.
A. I haven’t read the weather report.
B. The weather report was right
C. What happened to the weather report?
D. I should have read the weather report.
【解析】“What happened to the weather report?”意思为“天气预报怎么了？”
4. Tony: Welcome back, Monica. How are you?
Monica: I’m OK. _____
A. You are welcome!
B. Fancy meeting you there
C. Aren’t you happy?
D. Thank you for asking
5. Ruby: Hello, this is Information. Can I help you?
A. I’m calling to make a complaint.
B. Can you tell me your name?
C. OK, thank you for your help
D. That’s very kind of you.
【解析】由“Can I help you?（我能为您效劳吗？）”；“I’m calling to make a complaint.（我打电话是想投诉）”
6. Steve: Would you like anything to drink? I have Sprite and orange juice.
A. I’m terribly sorry about that.
B. How can it be?
C. That’s quite alright
D. Sprite would be fine.